Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLB5757

Is Low Blood Pressure/being Extremely Cold

Cold here too which is odd because I had always been a furnace. Always had low bp and did a lot of fainting as a kid. I'm having my thyroid checked at my next doc appointment. It may be the reason why I'm not losing any weight despite being on the healthiest 'diet' I have ever been on. My body is hell bent on staying one weight no matter what I do... gym... weight watchers.

40 year old former foodie on a quest to feel better!

-IgE to oats and rye

-Diagnosed with
Colitis
via endoscopy/colonoscopy Oct '10

-Following
FODMAP
diet since June '10, Positve
SIBO
test, July '10

-Diagnosed
non-celiac gluten intolerant
June '10 (celiac in March '10, endocsocopy in Oct '10 shows no signs of celiac)

-
Osteopenia
June '10

-
Gluten free
since July '09 &
Soy free
since December '09

-
Dairy free
since '06

-
IBS & Sjogren's
diagnosed '05

-
RA
diagnosed as a toddler

My BP is on the low side of healthy, but I've always been told it's nothing to worry about. I always get the numbers mixed up, but one is well below a hundred and the other is near or just above a hundred usually.

My doctor did decide to check my thyroid the last time I was in because simply because of my positive reaction to the gluten-free diet and my rapid weight loss. There weren't any problems, and my mysterious weight loss stopped right before I would have been officially underweight, so it looks like all is good. I've always had freezing hands and feet, though. So have a lot of women in my family.