This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fritolay Gf Products

VydorScope

VydorScope Proficient
yea... I know that the lays STAX are gluten-free and produced on separate lines, but I can and have reacted to them because not all of them are dairy free. Therefore, I can get dairy cross contamination :( Thanks for the help though :)

I've just heard that the regular Lays chips are produced on separate lines and I was just wondering if this was true?

Ooooo sorry forgot about dairy for you. :( I do not know anything about that angle sorry. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast
Ooooo sorry forgot about dairy for you. sad.gif I do not know anything about that angle sorry. sad.gif
Oh no worries at all :D If we all remembered everyones allergies on this board we'd have no memory left :lol:

Thanks for the advice nini, if no one knows for sure, I'll have to call

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yes...Fritos, Lays, Lays Stax, and Ruffles are on dedicated gluten-free lines. I don't know about other allergens.

jenvan Collaborator

So will any of you eat the baked Lay's ruffles products like Vincent was talking about? They were bold enough to send me a list of gluten-free products with that on it... Maybe I should ask for more info. I really love the baked original ruffles. I used to eat baked kettle chips all the time and they told me they couldn't verify if their product was gluten-free or not... :(

celiac3270 Collaborator

The ones on the gluten-free list that aren't one of the four I listed are made from gluten-free ingredients, but because they are made on the same lines as other gluten-containing products, they cannot guarantee that depsite cleaning the lines, there may have been contamination. I used to eat some of the products not made on dedicated lines, such as Wavy Lays and I don't have a problem with them. I wouldn't eat Doritos since the nacho ones aren't gluten-free--I'd just be concerned about the others--but the whole issue is one of personal opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Jackolettec Newbie
I'm eating stax right now :lol: ...on the sour cream and onion kind it says "this product is naturally free of gluten" right below the back label where it says 0 grams trans fat and to the right of the nutritional facts label.  It has it in different places on each flavored container, but always on the back.

The original stax says it in the same place as the sour cream, but the others do not.

I haven't replied or posted to this forum before but I am sitting here looking at the Stax container and there is no "gluten free" marking of any kind. I'm in British Columbia, Canada and the chips are marked "Frito Lay Canada" so it must be different labelling in the U.S. I've got the original stax and the only questionable ingredient that I can tell is "citric acid". I ate a few of these last night and didn't have any noticeable reaction.

By the way, I love reading all the helpful info on this site. I was diagnosed about 2 months ago and have been just reading and learning like crazy instead of posting and replying! Keep up the good work, everyone! Jacquie

VydorScope Proficient
I haven't replied or posted to this forum before but I am sitting here looking at the Stax container and there is no "gluten free" marking of any kind.  I'm in British Columbia, Canada  and the chips are marked "Frito Lay Canada" so it must be different labelling in the U.S.    I've got the original stax and the only questionable ingredient that I can tell is "citric acid".  I ate a few of these last night and didn't have any noticeable reaction.

By the way, I love reading all the helpful info on this site.  I was diagnosed about 2 months ago and have been just reading and learning like crazy instead of posting and replying!  Keep up the good work, everyone!      Jacquie

Even here in America, they for some reason only mark SOME of there cans that way. I have seen it both ways in my market. Kind of silly IMO...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived