Ihv2gratkids

Negative Ecg Biopsy

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I am new to these boards. I have found some very beneficial information here.

I would like to get some opinions on my situation.

I have had chronic diarrhea for the last 13 years following the removal of my gallbladder. I

was told that this is just what happens. Off and on over these last few years I would wake up

with what felt like a rock in my stomach and I could tell that my food was not digesting

properly. Also on occasion I have had severe heartburn but the doctors just said take tums

and lay of the spicy foods.

In Oct of 09 went to the Urgent Care with severe pain in my stomach

and chest. They were just sure that I was having a heart attack and rushed me to the emergency

room(of course it wasn't). I was told it was acid reflux and I needed to take prilosec for the

rest of my life. Symptoms continued even with the medicine and my throat actually began to close

up. I have also began having severe pain under my ribs and all through my back. After several months

on medicine my GI decided to do and endoscopy. He found that I have gastritis and esophogitis but biopsy was negative for Celiac. He says the medicines I'm on should be working. I take 60mg Kapidex twice a day and a

perscription strength pepcid before bed with no changes. The last time I went to GI he threw his hands

up and said he had no clue what was wrong with me. (Makes me feel helpless) With no other ideas he sent

me for a full body CAT scan. They found a few spots on my lungs which sent me to see a Pulmonologist.

He is running a series of blood tests for auto immune diseases but didn't test for Celiac because

my biopsy came back negative. Should I just let this go or try to find a doctor that will pursue my

concerns. This constant pain in my chest and back is so bad that I don't know how much more I can take. I will

try anything. I am so frustrated with doctors right now. My faith in God is what is getting my through all

of this.

I have been eating gluten free for about a week and can tell a very slight decrease in my

symptoms. Should I keep going?

Thanks everyone