Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarah2889

Whats For Breakfast

I don't often eat breakfast anymore. The idea of needing carbs at every meal is that got me to the extra 40 lbs. I've been carrying around for all these years!

When I did... I'd slather peanut butter bewt. rice cakes... or smush a ripe banana betw. 2 waffles and eat 'em on my way to work. Sometimes I'd have yogurt and chopped nuts.

You shouldn't skip breakfast if you are trying to lose weight! eating in the morning kick starts your metabolism! i handn't thought of peanut butter on rice cakes..i'll give it a shot.

You shouldn't skip breakfast if you are trying to lose weight! eating in the morning kick starts your metabolism! i handn't thought of peanut butter on rice cakes..i'll give it a shot.

VERY coincidentally, I'm multitasking and currently listening to an educational health seminar while checking this discussion thread (we get a discount on our health insurance if we listen to these things every month - it's thru my husband's employer). This month's topic is the importance of eating breakfast. We hear all the time that people who eat breakfast weigh less - and part of it has to do with your insulin resistance. Here's what I'm listening to at this very moment: "periods of fasting, which occurs when you skip breakfast, increase the body's insulin response, which in turn increases fat storage and weight gain."

I've gotten into the habit of having half coffee/half milk in the morning, telling myself the milk counts. I need to get back into eating breakfast!

• Forum Discussions

I've spent a lot of time looking up to see if I can find a post about a similar situation but haven't had luck finding it. I've never been 100% gluten free. As of this past Spring, I consumed gluten regularly (maybe a few times per week?...
    Genetic testing will just lump your son  into the possibility of developing celiac disease, along with almost a 1/3 of the population!  That is a lot of people!  Even if he has the genes, what will you do?   I understand your position.  My...
    Looking at the technical/FDA information for BioPlex, it looks a little different from some other tests.  One test looks for IgA for both TTG and DGP, along with IgA deficiency, and the other looks for IgG for both TTG and DGP.  So it looks li...