Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darkgreenorange

Losing Weight...i Think

I just realized what was wrong about a week ago and cut out the wheat and gluten altogether. I feel AMAZING! Question tho...I'm starting to lose weight based solely on the feel of my clothes (I don't have a scale). So....is this normal. Wheat products was a fair part of my diet, so I guess some weight loss makes sense. I've started eating other grains....quinoa, long grain rice from whole foods, etc. Thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just realized what was wrong about a week ago and cut out the wheat and gluten altogether. I feel AMAZING! Question tho...I'm starting to lose weight based solely on the feel of my clothes (I don't have a scale). So....is this normal. Wheat products was a fair part of my diet, so I guess some weight loss makes sense. I've started eating other grains....quinoa, long grain rice from whole foods, etc. Thoughts?

it was normal for me- (losing weight after taking wheat & gluten out of my diet). there are studies about Wheat Germ Agglutin contributing to Insulin resistance. and some Celiacs & people with a Gluten Intolerance (even if they have the "D") are heavier or more bloated while still eating gluten because when the body is inflammed- more cortisone is released

so ya- i think it's normal. i've always lost the extra lbs after taking wheat & gluten out.

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

Congrats on the new gluten-free lifestyle and visual results.

If you truly are a Celiac, now is the time for you body to start absorbing the nutrients that it wasn't getting. Time to help it along with two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen!

While you are in the early stages of your transition, your next habit needs to be a minimum of 80 ounces of water per day. Yeah, I know it sounds like alot... but think about the hours that you are awake. It's really only an 8oz glass or so every hour and a half.

I know, I know.... you'll be going to the restroom alot. But not the type of restroom visits that we all made before we found out we were diagnosed!!! :P

~Wheatfreedude~

Self taught body builder

Fitness fanatic

Avid Snowboarder and Surfer

Over 40 and single digit body fat

Getting stronger every week