Chad Sines

Too Little Or Too Much

Rate this topic

I was doing well and then like a man aka dork, I started cheating a bit. Pretty much back on track but I have an interesting issue. In the distant past i was diagnosed with GERD and hiatal hernia. I started taking Zantac or a PPI but both seem to make it worse. I have read that the symptoms for low and high acid are the same. My brain it making me wonder if I am reducing already low acid. Have no GB. I am 37 so kinda in the middle of the typical low/high. On the plus side I have lost 20 pounds eating better over the last 4 months.

I notice that very fatty foods get me bad and make me nauseous.

Bile is used by your stomach to break down fats and oils. It is stored in your gall bladder and injected into your stomach whenever you eat alot of greasy foods to break the food down. When your gall bladder is removed, the little tube that connects the liver to the gall bladder and fills it with bile is connected to your stomach directly. Instead of getting a big goosh of bile whenever you eat something greasy, you instead get a constant drip drip drip of bile. This will make you nauseous when you don't eat, and it is easily overloaded when you pig out on something greasy, giving you nausea, indigestion and diarhea. I know. I had my gall bladder out several years ago, and I am still sick from pigging out on cheese and spicy nacho doritos last night. The best thing to do when you have no gall bladder is eat several small meals a day instead of one big one, and go easy on the greasy.

Bile from your gallbladder also neutralizes stomach acid, so if you have gallstones or a blocked duct it can give you massive heartburn and you will feel really sick after eating grease. Does it hurt when you push down on your right side? About three inches to the right of your bellybutton?

Also you can buy saliva test at health food stores to see your ph, then you will know if you have to much acid or not enough.....