asouthall

Endoscopy Results

Rate this topic

For quite some time, I have experienced stomach pain, mouth ulcers, easy bruising, foul smelling bms. I headed to a much recommended GI doctor. My blood test results were negative. I just received my endoscopy results in the mail and I have my follow up appointment on Monday.

Biopsy results: benign- duodenum

Biopsy results: inflammation- no infection- stomach

I have been gluten free since the upper endoscopy and feel 100x better. Do they biopsy results look like possible celiac results?

Hello and welcome to the board.

While celiac begins with inflammation, I would suspect your results will be read as negative for celiac. A positive requires damage to the villi in the duodenum/small intestine. Your are probably in the very early stages of developing celiac, or you may be "merely" gluten intolerant. I am glad you are feeling better on the gluten free diet :) You do not need to be a celiac to find improvement with the diet..

For quite some time, I have experienced stomach pain, mouth ulcers, easy bruising, foul smelling bms. I headed to a much recommended GI doctor. My blood test results were negative. I just received my endoscopy results in the mail and I have my follow up appointment on Monday.

Biopsy results: benign- duodenum

Biopsy results: inflammation- no infection- stomach

I have been gluten free since the upper endoscopy and feel 100x better. Do they biopsy results look like possible celiac results?

Those are pretty odd results from what I have seen of other reports. Did your doctor only do one biopsy of the duodenum? He should have taken multiples from different areas. What did they find that was 'benign'? I am not a medical professional but that sounds more like they were looking for signs of cancer not celiac or you may have celiac changes but the area that they biopsied still had some villi intact.

The fact that you are feeling '100% better' is the most significant finding. Do get actual copies of your results when you go for the follow-up appt. and be sure to tell the doctor the response you have had to being gluten free. In the end you don't need a doctors permission to be gluten free.