Matty

Entero Results... Please Help.

Rate this topic

Can an expert properly help me out with the below results? I have many symptoms of gluten intolerance, most notably persistent diarrhead, heavy bloating (like I'm 6 months pregnant), and feeling like crap/depression. Hormonal issues... 30 year old male.

It says I'm barely normal but I have the gene is that right? What does this mean? Does anyone know where I can find more info. on the gene results or even my results? Here they are (many thanks in advance):

B) Gluten/Antigenic Food Sensitivity Stool/Gene Panel

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 8 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Fecal Anti-casein (cow

That's a negative Enterolab panel, which is rather rare. You're probably not celiac. Your genes are DQ4 and DQ6. There are some DQ6 folks who don't tolerate gluten and I think we have a couple unusual DQ6 celiacs around the board. For your info, the usual celiac genes are DQ2 and DQ8.

Most importantly, how do you feel on the gluten-free diet? It's much more important and far more accurate to try the diet and see how you feel if you suspect gluten sensitivity. Also with the negative Enterolab panel it's worth looking into fructose malabsorption or SIBO for the GI trouble.