thleensd

Frustrating Day

Rate this topic

UGH! SO frustrated right now. gluten-free 2.5 years. Could hardly lift my hand to my face when I was diagnosed, so where I am is a definite improvement, even though I'm not "healthy". Going grain-free a few months ago has really helped, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

That being said, I'm SO tired so often, and I hate food today. I just wish I could take a little vacation from feeling so crappy and only eating at home (super sensitive, multiple "other" sensitivities).

Last week I had some really good days! What do I do when I have some energy for a few days? Use it! I cooked (well, helped cook...can't really do it all myself yet) some amazing meals, actually saw some friends, and connected thoughts (since my brain fog lifted for hours at a time!), walked, drove my car. I was hungry, and I ate a ton! (Awesome as I'm trying to gain weight).

Today, though, all of the extra exertion has caught up. I can't think straight, I'm tired, I'm starving, and NO FOOD sounds good.... not that I have the energy to put it together. I loved actually doing some things over the last few days, but, true to form, I guess I pushed a little to hard and am really feeling it now.

I'm sure I'll be a better self-cheerleader tomorrow, but I just needed to admit to people who get it that today really sucks. :angry:

I do the same when I have a good day - I just cram my day full and catch up on housework, cook a bundle of stuff that I freeze for days when I don't feel up to cooking, have a couple of walks and sort out my garden pots and hanging baskets. This has the effect of leaving me exhausted the next few days. My husband keeps saying that I should take things much slower on my good days, but when I have a good day it just feels great to be able to do this stuff and I feel so happy and good about myself.

I've decided that whilst it would be sensible to do less, it's worth it for how I feel that day.

Exhaustion is my biggest symptom by far. I have days where I take three naps. Have you gone dairy free? It took me years to feel better and it really started to kick in when I dropped dairy as well.