2 2
GFreeMO

Rectal Mucus Discharge

Rate this topic

Whenever I get glutened, after the pain subsides, I get what I think is mucus discharge from the rectum. It's sometimes mixed with a bit of stool but often times it's with gas alone. I had D last week from being glutened by CC but when that all goes away, I get this. It's very annoying and gross. Would a decongestant like Sudafed or Mucinex get rid of this or is this just in response to being glutened. I am guessing that since gluten affects the mucus layer that it goes crazy producing mucus to help prevent gluten getting through. Not sure though. Anyone know?

Thanks

I know this is a very old thread but I believe I got glutened about 5 days ago and this very thing is happening to me! After the worse of the pain subsided a ton a mucus like stuff stared shooting out of my bum when I pooped of passed gas.  

Did you find anything to help this? and from your experience does this go away after you are completely healed?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Mucus in the stool in generally a sign of intestinal irritation, the intestines excrete the mucus as a protective coating agent against things that irritate it, often in the large intestines and colon. After a bout of D or a UC flare up I often get more mucus in my stool....really nothing you can do, and it is actually a good thing and a sign of healing. Might try using a supplement that is less mucus like that will help coat and heal your intestines and ease the burden on your body like drinking Inner Fillet Aloe vera juice, or taking slippery elm and marshmallow root powders either in a pill or tea, they will coat the irritated areas without all the mucus your body is producing to try to protect the irritated areas inside.