gfpirate

Cinnamon Dolce Latte At Starbucks?

Rate this topic

The other day I went to Starbucks and ordered a cinnamon dolce latte. I had taken just a few tiny sips and then decided to research if it was gluten free for peace of mind. I read that the flavor powder they use has "denatured wheat" in it and that the "gluten protein was removed". Regardless, I quickly threw my drink away. I know that it was my own mistake for not checking before I spent the money on it, and I suffered the consequences with horrific symptoms on a 4 hour car trip >.< My question is, is it really possible to remove gluten? I would guess no because I still responded to the so called denatured wheat. Any input or info about this? Thanks :)

There's a study out there from Italy that says its safe because a statistically significant portion of the subjects did not react - meaning Celiacs reacted but not enough of them.

I react to topicals with denatured wheat germ oil - I had a Devita moisturizer with it in it. Took a few months of gluten-free but then my eyes started swelling. So, I don't know if it's an allergy for me or or if it's part of my DH weirdness - but I did react.

Btw I don't react like I'm allergic to other forms of gluten. I can touch bread, cereals, etc. and I'm fine. But wheat germ oil gets me if I touch it.