pricklypear1971

"normal" Processed Food

Rate this topic

For those of you who are looking for mainstream gluten-free food (not a specialty label), this might help.

I'm not feeling great, and hubs is due home tomorrow (with some bug he picked up in Germany and has now robbed him of his voice), wind is blowing allergens like crazy, Kid is snotty...you get the picture. Dark days for a gluten-free cook.

So, what I picked up today

Progresso Soups: every one of these has a different front label style but GLUTEN FREE is clearly listed on the back under allergen info.

Traditional chicken and rice

Lentil

New England clam chowder

Chicken tuscany

Santa Cruz Organic Juice (bottle): gluten-free on bottle

Mango Lemonade

Strawberry Lemonade

Tostitos Restaurant Style (gluten-free labeled)

Chex cinnamon sugar (gluten-free label)

Breyers Coffee Ice Cream (no gluten-free label)

Hormel Natural Choice lunch meat (gluten-free label)

I'm listing this because it's the most "processed" food trip I've made in a year!!'

For those of you who are looking for mainstream gluten-free food (not a specialty label), this might help.

I'm not feeling great, and hubs is due home tomorrow (with some bug he picked up in Germany and has now robbed him of his voice), wind is blowing allergens like crazy, Kid is snotty...you get the picture. Dark days for a gluten-free cook.

So, what I picked up today

Progresso Soups: every one of these has a different front label style but GLUTEN FREE is clearly listed on the back under allergen info.

Traditional chicken and rice

Lentil

New England clam chowder

Chicken tuscany

Santa Cruz Organic Juice (bottle): gluten-free on bottle

Mango Lemonade

Strawberry Lemonade

Tostitos Restaurant Style (gluten-free labeled)

Chex cinnamon sugar (gluten-free label)

Breyers Coffee Ice Cream (no gluten-free label)

Hormel Natural Choice lunch meat (gluten-free label)

I'm listing this because it's the most "processed" food trip I've made in a year!!'

I hope everyone's health improves quickly! I don't use a lot of canned/packaged stuff (though I've been forced to get it for my mom), and I know how hard it must have been for you to buy all that! :blink:

I hope everyone's health improves quickly! I don't use a lot of canned/packaged stuff (though I've been forced to get it for my mom), and I know how hard it must have been for you to buy all that! :blink:

It was actually pretty easy - only one store. But I remember my first shopping trip. Ok, my first dozen...and it took me forever to get down an aisle. I think I just skipped aisles.

Funny, I was looking at what I bought and yes, it's gluten-free and processed but aside from the soups each one has just a few ingredients. Not that it makes it better, but it is "simple" processed food (if there is such a thing).

I couldn't believe I wasn't buying fruits and veggies (ok, did buy some baking potatoes)... but I'm stocked up on those til I figure out what to cook. And I don't feel like cooking but will probably cook tomorrow.