tuxedocat

Does Anyone Else Experience This?

Rate this topic

First of all... I *will* be going to my doctor this week.

This was some of the issue that caused me to go back on gluten free in the last month. It seems to not bother me as long as I stay away from "mystery food", but then if I eat anything "questionable" (which for the moment seems to be anything that I didn't prepare myself) I feel this way for a few days. For example, I was fine yesterday until I had some potato chips (I had read the label!).

This is what I am experiencing...

* Heartburn and feeling like something is stuck in my throat and chest, and feeling of trapped burps. It's very uncomfortable especially when I'm laying down because it feels like something is sitting on my chest if I lay flat. When I feel this, it is fairly constant. It's worse at night than it is during the day. I feel fine in the morning.

* Occasional twingy/twitchy/fluttery feeling in my lower abdomen. It moves around. It feels like an alien baby in my stomach trying to get out!

* Occasional stomach pains that feel like a quick jab. Then they are over as quickly as they appeared.

* Constipated; poo is somewhat lighter colored than I'm used to. Reminds me of what I experienced during time I was initially tested for celiac in 07

* Have started eating mostly vegetarian and some fish because I can't even stand the smell of meat cooking. It smells so *strong* and it all smells spoiled and practically knocks me over when I walk in the room and smell it - felt like I was gagging when I was trying to eat chicken the other day.

And today, for the first time in all of this, I found myself feeling feverish...

I'm kinda freaking out here. :/ This is new stuff...

This is what I am experiencing...

* Heartburn and feeling like something is stuck in my throat and chest, and feeling of trapped burps. It's very uncomfortable especially when I'm laying down because it feels like something is sitting on my chest if I lay flat. When I feel this, it is fairly constant. It's worse at night than it is during the day.

* Occasional stomach pains that feel like a quick jab. Then they are over as quickly as they appeared. Younger children will say their whole stomach hurts.

* Constipated;

* I can't even stand the smell of meat cooking. It smells so *strong* and it all smells spoiled - felt like I was gagging when I was trying to eat chicken the other day. ~Weird that my daughter has just recently been having MORE issues with this. But it is worse right now for the seasonal allergies are playing a role in her EoE.

And today, for the first time in all of this, I found myself feeling feverish...

Constipation can cause a slight fever.

These are symptoms of Eosinophilic Esophagitus. Get into a knowledgeable gastroenterologist. The only way for a diagnoses is to have an endoscopy with biopsy.

OOps all the comments are inter mingled to your original post!

Thanks, I will look into that, I am going to try to get a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Yesterday I started having a new symptom - twinges in my rectum (I know, tmi), in addition to twinges I'd already been having all over my abdomin, ow. It's like my whole GI tract is rebelling.

Every time I eat anything, it sets off more gurgling and weirdness and there's only so much I can eat because I feel like it just "sits" there. Right now it's just gurgling constantly.