AVR1962

Leg Cramps

Rate this topic

I am having leg cramps that are especially bad at night.I had been doing well with my combo of magnesium, calcium and potassium and went off. Bad mistake! They have come on even stronger than before and this time I cannot seem to get my balance in my minerals to get the cramps to stop. Advise please!

Been there... I had my Vitamin levels checked a year ago and my D was 14.8... It took about 9 months to get it above the minimum.. Leg cramps are gone now...

Been there... I had my Vitamin levels checked a year ago and my D was 14.8... It took about 9 months to get it above the minimum.. Leg cramps are gone now...

Interesting! I stopped taking vit D. I wonder if that could be part of my problem.

Interesting! I stopped taking vit D. I wonder if that could be part of my problem.

Keep in mind that one needs to get blood labs when taking a high dose of VitaminD..

Keep in mind that one needs to get blood labs when taking a high dose of VitaminD..

Yeah, good advise. I am not even taking a multi right now. I was thinking adding my multi back in that has a low dose of D. Right now I think I should be getting enough D from the sun but I may be mistaken.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, good advise. I am not even taking a multi right now. I was thinking adding my multi back in that has a low dose of D. Right now I think I should be getting enough D from the sun but I may be mistaken.

Keep in mind that as some of us age or have kidney disease, our bodies no longer convert sunshine to D as they once did..

Keep in mind that as some of us age or have kidney disease, our bodies no longer convert sunshine to D as they once did..

Thanks for this info, I did not know this. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I am 49. I have read that with age people can more need for certain vitamins like B12 but I did not know vit D was one of them.

Thanks for this info, I did not know this. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I am 49. I have read that with age people can more need for certain vitamins like B12 but I did not know vit D was one of them.

Check your messages....

I came across some interesting information several days ago while checking out a blog that was new to me. The author (an MD) describes his experience with cramping. The posting is rather long. Scroll down about half-way to the section headed

I came across some interesting information several days ago while checking out a blog that was new to me. The author (an MD) describes his experience with cramping. The posting is rather long. Scroll down about half-way to the section headed

You should also have your iron levels (free and stored), as low iron is correlated with restless leg.