- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Passionate Mixed Green Salad (Gluten-Free)
Passionate Mixed Green Salad (Gluten-Free)
Only diagnosed 2008, but I have suffered forever! Discovered I am lactose intolerant, beef intolerant too! I am a Freelance Writer, which keeps me sane. I am glad I will have support from this list.View all articles by Margie Culbertson
(Serves one. Multiply it for each serving.)
Salad is best if it’s crispy fresh. So this is for a single serving, but it fills a dinner plate to the brim!
- Tossed green salad mix. One healthy handful, chopped (You can buy this in a bag or you can mix it yourself—use iceberg, romaine, or any lettuce, mix w. carrots)
- Fresh spinach. One healthy handful, chopped (You can buy this is a bag also.)
- Grapes, ½ dozen, sliced into thirds.
- Mushrooms, large, sliced.
- Broccoli, ½ cup, lightly steamed in microwave Power 3, to soften for 2 minutes, then cubed.
- 1 hardboiled egg, chopped.
- Bacon bits, sprinkle on top.
- Gluten-Free trail mix, optional (make sure all small pieces.)
It’s important that this salad is easy and quick to put together and that you can repeat the process many times. So I really suggest you have the ingredients already handy. This is why I suggest ready-packaged salad mixes. If you chop the lettuce, the carrots, the spinach, the mushrooms, the eggs, the grapes, and have the trail mix, you are set! You can have them in Ziplock bags or plastic containers. You’d be all set for an amazing raid all by yourself, or a family banquet, depending on the quantity or the occasion. This salad was something I discovered by standing in front of the refrigerator and the cupboard, taking all of the things I loved, and putting them together. Since I loved what I came up with so much I knew I had to tell my friends.
I called it "Passionate Mixed Green Salad" for a reason. I hope you swoon over it!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).