- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Banana Nut Bread #2 (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Karen Sirois.
Heat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft shortening
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
Stir in: (heres where it gets personal)
to 2½ cups brown rice flour (I started with 2 and ¼,
added a little more till the consistency looked right to me)
- 2 tablespoons of xanthan gum
- 3 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
When you have the consistency looking right to you, add ¾ to 1 cup chopped nuts. Bake about 60 minutes (I started checking mine at 50 minutes...when a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean its done). As with all rice flour baked goods, it slices a lot cleaner when its cooled.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).