- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Brownie Recipes
- Butterscotch Brownies (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Butterscotch Brownies (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Jo Ann Boyd.
½ cup margarine, butter or Crisco
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups packed light brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup chopped dates*
1 cup fine rice flour
1 cup chopped nuts*
½ cup soy flour
* Can omit or replace with chocolate chips.
Cream margarine and brown sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light. Combine flours, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt in medium bowl, mixing well. Blend into egg mixture at low speed. Stir in dates and nuts. Spread batter evenly in greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).