2 replies to this topic

#1 jamer

jamer

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

I feel like I post on here so much with my crazy questions but I'm just starting this new life with celiac. I'm going on 3 months of gluten-free. I'm quickly figuring out when I've been contaminated or accidently had gluten. It only took one time to make me OCD about being careful.  My question is this? Can old symptoms reappear with out ingesting gluen as one is healing? I'm personally sticking to a whole foods diet. I've discovered it's easier on my stomach. Things I had no problem digesting four months ago now hurt my stomach (non gluten foods) as soon as it hits my stomach.

This newest old symptom to reappear is tender, sore ankles that have now led to swollen ankles.

I'm so confused..just as I think I'm figuring things out..poof! <_<

*Biopsy diagnosed Celiac Disease 1/2013

*Gluten Free since January 20, 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

It sounds like something is still triggering an autoimmune response and causing inflammation.   Have you been checked for other AI diseases?  Have you checked medication and OTC medicines?.  Are you getting beauty products in your mouth like shampoo, face creams, lipstick?  Are you kissing a gluten eater?  Have you replaced appropriate kitchen products?  

Look at everything you use very closely, maybe you'll find something.

Good luck, 

Colleen 

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

I agree that it could be another AI issue that was perhaps exacerbated by gluten (in the past) so it appeared more often.  I would make a note of it and perhaps see your doctor. That happened to me too at the 2-3 month mark and I strongly suspected that it was rheumatological or hashimoto's related. If you think it is gluten related, only more time on the diet will tell, although I agree that it's not common for a celiac symptom to reappear after 3 months gluten-free.

I hope you feel better.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: