30 replies to this topic

#16 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yogurt, planter's cashews, bananas. I don't have to keep anything in my purse because i never go anywhere. :lol:

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

I hope you don't keep chicken legs in the car for a month, just in case!  :D

oops...didn't understand...

The things I listed are in my backpack each day.

Emergency items in the car are as follows:

Almonds.

Individual Almond Butter

Dried Fruit

Squeezable Baby Food

Gu

Water

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#18 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's funny, it seems that when I travel I stock up on all kinds of stuff:

more Larabars than I'll need, instant oatmeal (GlutenFrida is my saviour! I even pack a little jar with sugar/almonds/cinnamon that I put in it. Just add boiling water), nuts, chocolate, fruit if I'm travelling domestically, etc. I always bring my own meal on the plane, etc etc.

Then when I'm home all that flies out the window and I end up starving and inopportune moments. This thread is a great reminder to keep it together, also why I stocked up on larabars last night.

(the starving usually results in me making a haphazard desperate meal when I get home, and then I wonder why I just ate rice with a lump of peanut butter on top or something ridiculous...)

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

#19 Deaminated Marcus

Deaminated Marcus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

I carry Sesame Snaps 180 calories so that can keep me going and it's in a small package that is handy to carry.

I also cut a banana in half and put it in a sandwich box when I go out.

#20 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

I usually have a package of Corn Thins around. They are good with peanut butter. Natural or soy-free peanut butter of course.

If I was going to put some stuff aside, it would be dry beans, peas, lentils type of things.  Actually, if you grid your own pea flour it makes real nice instant pea soup with just some hot water and a few spices like salt, pepper and garlic powder.

True North nut snacks are good too.

I usually have some kind of gluten-free Chex cereal and almond milk on hand.

Eggs.

Corn tortillas.

Peanuts.

Usually a bag of oranges or apples etc around too.

Sometimes  pre-cooked ham in the frig.

That and some Daiya cheese and a dried egg and you have a nice quick meal.

Mushrooms.

Avocados.

Sometimes some chips like Food Should Taste Good or Mission corn tortillas.

And sweet potatoes to microwave. 7 minutes and they are ready.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#21 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

Containers of dried fruit/nuts/seeds.

Apples, bananas, oranges and grapes

Peanut butter

Cheeses

Lara bars.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#22 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

Go Raw Simple Seed Mix Sprouted Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds

Nu Go Dark Mint Chocolate Chip ( I love sweet, I love Chocolate and I <3 Mint so these are heavenly)

Go Raw cookies

and like many others

Bananas

Larabars

Peanut Butter

Cashews

Corn Chips 

If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

#23 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

This is stuff at home, I don't go anywhere that require stocking a car or office. It's also dairy free, and chocolate free and grain-free.

-Fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, whatever's on-sale and doesn't require lots of prep (like, say, a pineapple)

-Meat:  Roast is a super easy, if long, meal to prepare, and if you buy a giant roast, you have leftovers that can last a week. Snacking on roast is as easy as opening the fridge and tearing/cutting off a hunk of meat.

-Vanilla flavoured Almond Breeze.

-Natural peanut butter mixed with honey. Sometimes dip an apple into it.

-Eggs. Well, these require cooking, but they're fried or boiled soooo quickly.

-Avocado

-Carrot sticks

-Pre-mixed salad, pre-washed, add your favorite gluten-free dressing, homemade or otherwise.

-Squash, potato, sweet potato, as leftovers. I love all of these mashed with some fried onion. Make a whole giant squash or pounds at a time for lots of yummy snacking.

-gluten-free bacon. You can microwave bacon, it's so easy!

-I believe coconut and apple-cinnamon larabars are grain free too, but haven't had any in awhile.

Forgot one, can of coconut milk wish sugar stirred in.

diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#24 Mommastacia

Mommastacia

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

We keep Go Picnic meals stocked too.

Also:
Raw Revolution bars
Tortilla chips and salsa
Squeezable apple sauces
No-bake cookies

#25 nan42

nan42

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

So many great ideas from everyone. I feel like i finally have some options. I'm so tired of always eating the same thing. Thanks

#26 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Chocolate. as in a piece or two off a good dark chocolate

Mmm chocolate. Now THAT'S my definition of emergency food! :) :)

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

#27 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

So many great ideas from everyone. I feel like i finally have some options. I'm so tired of always eating the same thing. Thanks

Have you looked at this thread? There is also a breakfast and lunch one somewhere around here.

http://www.celiac.co...395#entry869192

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#28 goldibabi

goldibabi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

I am in love with Kind bars.  They're so good, and I can fit two of them in my purse at a time.  At this point, I've got a Kind bar stashed in my car, my laptop bag, my purse, and my desk at school.  They taste so good, and my students are always begging for a piece!  

#29 Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

In my purse there's always Lara or Kind Bars.  Also small packets of tamari soy sauce.

At work I stash more bars, lays stax, Progresso Corn Chowder or Clam Chowder, Amy's gluten-free Frozen Entrees, Nutella (to spread on apples, or just eat by the spoonful!), and a box of Chex.

At home I stash most of the above, plus hummus and carrots, and dried fruit.  My problem is that some stuff I buy doesn't last long.  Like I can eat a whole bag of Glutino yogurt or chocolate covered pretzels in one setting.  It's a good thing their bags are smaller than the regular ones.

Blood tested 8-11 positive, Biopsy 9-11 negative (long story, most gastro drs. are morons)

gluten-free 7-11, Dairy Free (mostly) 8-13 - Everything but butter.  Can't live life without butter....

DS - negative blood test, just diagnosed with ADD and other learning disorders, DNA test positive - high risk

Issues related to gluten: depression, low iron, hair loss, positive ana test for lupus, low vitamin D, headache, sinusitis, environmental allergies, brain fog, GI problems, weight gain....the list goes on....

#30 BelleVie

BelleVie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Mmm, I really like those yogurt covered Kind bars! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: