2 replies to this topic

#1 j9n

j9n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:18 PM

I dont know why but I am freaking out about the endoscopy. I asked for lots of drugs, lol. I know I have to have it done but I have such a huge gag reflex, I don't know I am just afraid. I am also worried they won't find anything and I will be sick forever. No matter what the results afterwards I am going to limit my carb intake. Either celiac or small bowel bacterial overgrowth carbs seem to be a problem. I do know I can not tolerate sugars or heavy grains such as in cereals without getting nauseated, been that way since I can remember. Oh well thanks for listening, I know it will be ok but I guess a little reassurance from those who have been through this helps.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Karina

Karina

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:57 PM

Dont worry about the endoscopy, mine was a cake walk. I don't remember a thing! I have found this to be everyone's experience that I have talked to. Good luck and keep us posted.
Karina
KARINA

#3 zippyten

zippyten

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:47 PM

I think everyone can reassure you, including me, that the endoscopy will be fine. If you don't want to be awake for the procedure -- which most doctors do not recommend -- just make sure that's clear beforehand. As long as you're sedated, there is no gag reflex and you won't know anything that's happening. The only after-effect might be a sore throat (and mine was gone by the next day). It might also help to know that the endoscopy is very short, especially compared to a colonscopy. It's barely 10 minutes long.

I was also nervous ahead of time, but it was very easy, and I was pleasantly surprised. Which is saying something, as nothing with celiac disease has been too pleasant otherwise! I was very relieved afterwards and you will probably be, too. Try not to be worried. All will go well. Good luck to you.
Ellen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: