#1 swimmerchic

swimmerchic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

Hi!
I am a varsity swimmer who has celiac...we have just entered the taper part of our season and our big meets are jsut a couple weeks away. I have been getting faster times as I should in the taper but I am more tired and wiped after our 3-4 k practices then i was after a 10k practice. I don't seem to have any energy anymore and with the meets upcoming I really want to try to figure out what is going on. My diet hasn't changed, and I am still taking in as many carbs and protein as possible...lost of rice pasta and toast with peanut butter! But I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some place to start/get the doctor to test for...I didn't think that low energy coule be correlated to the celiac diet but any advice would be wonderful...this is the first I have read about celiac and sports---seems the information on celiac athletes is rather limited, and reading these posts has definitely been of help. THanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:27 PM

What are you eating for protein? Turkey, fish, and shrimp are very high sources of protein. I've been eating a lot of fish and shrimp lately and I've been noticing improvements. For example, I don't get as hungrey as mush as I used to and I don't feel wiped out like I used to after soccer games. I also find that fruit smoothies give me lots of energy.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: