Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is Anyone Else Like This?

4 posts in this topic

When I've eaten wheat my symptoms usually start several hours afterward. I usually get nausea, then I get shakey and sometimes anxious, and then the stomach problems set in! Sometimes my eyes (or one eye) get bloodshot. Does that happen to anyone else?

Ads by Google:

I get nausea and get really dizzy and sometimes anxious when i get gluten but my eyes never get bloodshot

I do not have problems with my eyes but I do know that symptoms can come on right away or days later. I always know within 10-20 min but some get sick later.

I have the red eye thing. Missed most of 5th grade due to the teacher's phobia of Pink eye. I'm in my thirties now and I still have the red eye probelms. Rarely do both eyes flare up at the same time, so everybody that sees me is rather horrified of pink eye. And yes I have had enough pink eye to know the difference between the allergy issue and the pink eye issue.

When I get one red eye it is ALWAYS an indicator of an allergy or a sinus problem/cold. I have taken Zrytec for years and I love the stuff. It knocks out the allergic reaction within 20 min and my eyes start to go back to normal.

So I can't tell you if it is somehow related to Celiacs. But I can tell you that ALL of my allergies and symptoms have gotten much better since going on the gluten-free diet. Prior to the gluten-free diet my cat allergy had gotten so bad that I could not even be in a house that had just one cat. Just recently I slept at my MILs for three days and had no problems from the cat! No idea what the connection is, but I am happy that the allergies are on the down swing.

Best of luck!