- - - - -

Does Anyone Feel Like This?

• Please log in to reply

17 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:28 AM

Linda, I am 69 and was just diagnosed 3 years ago. I also am still not healed, although I was doing much-much better until Friday night, when I came down with that awful flu. First nausea, then diahrrea, then lethargy, then a fever of 104.5 degrees the next day. By Sat. afternoon I could barely make it to the bathroom, with help, from my poor husband who also had the flu. Then on Sunday night my youngest daughter, who lives with us at the moment, can home from work with the same thing. This is Tuesday and none of us are feeling much like shouting. My skin hurts, my joints are stiff, and I can barely manipulate my hands. As for healing, I'm just hoping against hope that this set back has not destroyed all the good my gluten free diet has started for the last 3 years. It seems that this flu is harder on Celiacs than most people. It really does take longer for us, who have not been diagnosed for so many years to heal. I hope you begin to heal soon and stay away from the flu if you possibly can. Shirley

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:38 AM

Shirley:

I am sorry you are sick, I could not imagine having the the flu or stomach virus on top of celiac disease. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon! :)

#18 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:29 AM

Stacie, According to the CDC this is not the flu. So what accounts for the high fever, severe muscle and bone pain, lethargy, headache, etc.? , not to mention the diarrhea, stomach pain, vomitting. If it were just me I would say, O.K. it's the Celiac thing. But it's not just me, it's everyone in San Diego, with or without Celiac. Mine was just exaggerated because of the Celiac. Today is better, but still shakey. One step at a time, I guess. My husband came down with it yesterday and my daughter is still sick, so I guess I'm the only healthy?one in the househould. <_< Now that's a real joke. :D Anyway I've really got a lot of reading done since my fever came down and that's a plus. Thanks, Shirley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: