1 reply to this topic

#1 lisabarella

lisabarella

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:25 PM

Has anyone tried this type of diet in addition to the gluten-free diet. I have been gluten free in July 18th 2003. Another recent biopsy reveled that my villi are still flat. I am waiting for the FULL results next week. I am still iron deficient anemic and I have to get iron infusions every 4 months. Do most people's villi grow back normal after 6 months? One year? When? Also, I recently limited my dairy to one serving per day. I only eat one to two servings of either chicken, egg whites, or fish per week. The rest of my diet consists of soy, rice, vegtables, fruit, nuts, beans, and lentils. I am looking for ANYTHING to try to get my malaborptions issues resolved. The other tests (Fecal fat and Zylose; now the gold standards for if you ARE or ARE not absorbing) showed that I am not absorbing. Let me know if you have any ideas?
Lisa A. Barella, PhD
Reno, NV
Confirmed Celiac by biopsy - July 18th 2003
4 people in family with Celiac Disease (mom, two brothers, me)
lisabarella at hotmail dot com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 SteveW

SteveW

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:59 PM

At the moment I'm on a blood type diet but I'm also following the guidlines of the SC diet. The one banned food on the SC diet I eat is
brown rice. If I could find a way to sub out the rice for somthing else I would but it's really hard for me to keep on weight without the rice. It's about 50% of my daily cal and I have so many "issues" with fruits, nuts, dariy and veggies I run out of things to eat.

Just to let you know I have Crohns and Celiac Disease and eating like this seems to help. I still have bad days for no apparent reason but overall I feel better.

I've heard it can take up to 2 years for our insides to heal.

Take Care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: