Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I'm Not Celiac...

5 posts in this topic

The blood tests came back "negative" now she said soemthing about less then 20 which meant negative is this true? I need to look up the testing results others posted. I was actually hoping it was this, because otherwise I am still undiagnosed. I know my bumps and stuff aren't as bad as the pics I've seen of DH- they are just itchy bumps and only get red when scratched too long... and I try hard not to scratch, but they are spreading and my tummy problems are gettign worse and they still kee telling me its just IBS. the drugs don't worka dn they have reversed the original diagnosis of Crohns because they say the test was read wrong and I didn't hae any scarring or ulcerations when they looked back at it... any suggestions would be welcome at this point.

I am pretty sure its food based, but I can't figure out WHAT FOOD! I have another appt on the 5th of August (she finally called me back with test results for the celiac test almost a month later, but won't move the other appt up) and I am going to ak her about sending me for an enterolab screening and getting insurance to cover it... because I can't help but wonder if it will make a BIG difference if we do it!

Does anyone else know fo ailments that do similar things- lassitude, diahrea and constipation both, fatty stools, basically I found like 40 yesses on the list of symptoms for celiacs.. that helped me hope it was that!

would going on a gluten free diet anyway maybe help if the celiac blood panel was negative?

Amie in MI

Ads by Google:

The blood tests could be negative and you still have celiac disease and/or DH. Go with Entrolab, because there results are more sensative than blood tests.

Hi Amie:

I am sorry you are having such problems getting a diagnosis. There are many of us here that know exactly what you are going through. I went through so many procedures (colonoscopy,etc) only to be told I had a severe case of IBS, well I knew better and I would not accept it! I also leanred that doctors are not very educated on this disease and only see things in black in white, they want to see positive results, they want to see someone skinny, they want to see damamged villi etc...and if they don't they thinks its IBS. Of course in their defense it does take time for a disease to show up in the blood, but time was something I didn't have, I had already suffered for over a year. I took the enterolab route (along with my 8 yr old daughter) and our results were positive, we began the gluten-free diet and could tell a difference within a couple of days.

I think if your blood test come back negative that you should either be tested through Enterolab or try the gluten-free diet for a couple of months.

Good luck to you, I hope you get some answers soon! :D

Thanks- mom says she thinks the doc is laughable because they are ruling things out without proper testing in her mind- she has crohns and I didn't have any new physical tests- just bloodwork, but they are saying because I didn't have physical signs of crohns 3 years ago I don't have it now... even though my SED levels are high, AND she says I sound like her friend michelle who has celiacs and went misdiagnosed for 10 years.

I think once I am back on 2 feet after Fri's wisdom teeth removal (no time to shop for things between now and then) I am going to go gluten free... I may be in the interim, I think most of the stuff I have to eat is safe, but I didn't doublecheck the spices I used in the low tomato mild chili I made myself after overcooking beans and some other things like that....

I am goign to call the doc this afternoon- she only mentioned 2 things being normal in my celiac panel but I thought they had 4, so I'm going to have a serious talk with her and ask to see the actual results- fax or email, since I don't want to wait until the appt on 8/5...

And I am going to seriously research other docs.. but I hate the idea of traveling out of the COUNTY to see one- this practice is the only one in the county, although tehre are multiple docs there, maybe I'll switch but she's the second one I've seen in the office.

Amie

Wow, Aug is a long time to wait for an appointment. You know your body best sometimes and when it's telling you that something is wrong, something is probably wrong. I hope you feel better soon and that you get your answers.

Gretchen