No replies to this topic

#1 kimjoy24

kimjoy24

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:47 AM

So after quite a wait, I finally received my test results back from Optimum Healthcare Resource. Happily, I showed "no reaction" to gluten/wheat, so I must be doing pretty well on the gluten-free diet.

Surprisingly, dairy only registered a "low" response. In another thread, I discuss how just this past week I reacted quite badly to a product that had possible casein in it.

Asparagus showed up as a "moderate" reaction. Fine with me, not my favorite vegetable. :)

Banana and sugar cane registered as a "low" reaction. Does this mean I should avoid all sugar? 'Cuz I don't think that is going to happen, though I don't doubt that some of my gas/bloating issues are due to sugar.

The only real shocker was my "high-moderate" reaction to egg whites. I never was diagnosed with an egg allergy as a child, and have eaten them all of my life with seemingly no reaction that I ever remember. I've read that in adults, it's more rashes, asthma, that kind of thing. I eat eggs twice a week, and then whatever I get in baking products, etc.

So has anyone else tested fairly high for an egg allergy but doesn't have any symptoms? Did you notice any difference when you stopped eating them?

I also get a flu shot just about every year, and have never had a reaction. Since the test comes with a year's worth of dr's consultation, I'm going to contact the dr. to investigate the egg issue further.
Joy- Midtown Atlanta
Positive Fecal Test Results 6/05
Gluten, Lactose, Casein Intolerant
Severe Fat Malabsorption
Gluten-Free since 6/05

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: