Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Hot Fudge Sauce For Ice Cream?

5 posts in this topic

Can I eat hot fudge sauce on ice cream? (Not the regular chocolate syrup) One of my friends was convinced it had some kind of flour as a thickener. I could see it having malt flavoring or something like that, but flour? That seemed weird.

Ads by Google:

You would have to check the brand that you were planning to eat--there's no way to say if all of a certain type of prepared food is gluten-free. That would be too easy :D

I've used the Smucker's hot fudge sauce with no problem. I had verified at one point that it was gluten-free, but you may want to double check with them just to be sure.

I do know that the hot fudge at McDonald's is gluten-free! I get the hot fudge sundae off the dollar menu and yummmmmmm

however, Dairy Queen says that their hot fudge sauce IS NOT gluten-free. Always check with the company, never assume just because one brand is ok that all are.

DQ® Gluten-Free Products

http://www.dairyqueen.com/en-US/Menus+and+...eds/default.htm

Dec. 2005.

For our customers with gluten intolerance, the following Dairy Queen® treats are gluten-free containing no wheat, barley, oats or rye.

Vanilla and Chocolate Soft Serve

Arctic Rush™ slush - all flavors

MooLatté® (without whipped topping)

(Please note: This does NOT include Hazelnut Flavored drinks.)

Additionally the following toppings are gluten-free:

Chocolate

Hot Fudge

Marshmallow

Butterscotch

Strawberry

Caramel

Our supplier of manufactured novelties informs us that the following items are also gluten-free:

DQ® Fudge Bar

DQ® Vanilla Orange Bar

Dilly® Bar (look for this in a sealed plastic wrap)

If you would like to try one of our famous Blizzard® treats, the following is a list of gluten-free Blizzard® treats.

Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard®

Butterfinger® Blizzard®

Snickers® Blizzard®

Heath® Blizzard®

M&M® Blizzard®

Banana Split Blizzard®

Hawaiian Blizzard®

Tropical Blizzard®

Strawberry Blizzard®

Mint M&M® Blizzard®

Please know, many of our Blizzard® candies and toppings contain wheat, rye, oats, and/or barley and would not be safe for a customer with gluten intolerance. As the Blizzard® machine is used for all flavors, cross-contamination may occur on any flavor Blizzard®. So for your safety, we recommend notifying the Dairy Queen® staff of your allergy or intolerance and requesting they thoroughly clean the Blizzard® machine before blending your Blizzard® to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.

When in doubt whether a product may contain a particular allergen, we recommend you purchase a pre-packaged manufactured novelty treat, which contains an ingredient listing and nutrition facts panel on the package.

Dairy Queen® restaurants are very busy and cross contamination may occur between ingredients. Thus a 100% confidence level cannot be guaranteed. It is important that you ask your local Dairy Queen® restaurant for an ingredient listing of the specific item in question and let them know of your special needs.

Well, Dairy Queen seems unusually on top o f the gluten thing!

For the best and cheapest fudge sauce, make your own. It takes like a minute longer than opening and heating Smuckers.

Melt a cup of dark chocolate chips in the microwave with a tablespoon or two of butter, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in 1/4-1/2 cup of half-and-half, light cream, or whipping cream, and heat for 30 more seconds. You can add vanilla or any kind of gluten-free liqueur that you like . I used to like Grand Marnier, Kahlua (sp? that doesn't look quite right), or Frangelico--I have no idea if any of those are gluten-free, though.