Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Can Casein Cause A Rash Like Dh?

4 posts in this topic

I have psoriasis. I know I don't have DH. Every doctor I've ever seen has told me that my psoriasis is "very unusual". One said that it's actually excema along with the p. Over the past few days, as I've eaten very little because of having surgery, I discovered that it got better with partial fasting (already knew this) and then got worse when I ate a little butter. So I'm wondering if it's related to dairy. I already eat only a little - just some butter and occasional raw goat cheese. I'm going to go completely casein-free to see if it helps. Anyone else out there with something similar?

Ads by Google:

I get eczema from dairy, is yours similar to that?

I get eczema from dairy, is yours similar to that?

It's not quite like excema. I don't think the doctors/dermatologists quite kow what it is. It's small - like the head of a small pin and some of them are separate and some group together. They are bumpy and sometimes itchy. When they itch, sometimes there is a very small amount of fluid inside when I scratch, but it usually seems dry. It doesn't go away with my topical psoriasis medication, which usually helps excema too.

The only dairy I eat is butter and raw goat cheese and very occasionally sheep milk romano. I think I finally figured out that there is a connection with the butter, which I guess I'm going to have to eliminate, again. What I can't figure out is why my skin didn't stay clear all those years that I didn't eat any dairy at all.

Liz, I've still got a little rash on my neck / back of head area that itches. Can't figure it out <_<