3 replies to this topic

#1 lonewolf

lonewolf

Gluten Free pancakes over the fire!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:03 PM

I have psoriasis. I know I don't have DH. Every doctor I've ever seen has told me that my psoriasis is "very unusual". One said that it's actually excema along with the p. Over the past few days, as I've eaten very little because of having surgery, I discovered that it got better with partial fasting (already knew this) and then got worse when I ate a little butter. So I'm wondering if it's related to dairy. I already eat only a little - just some butter and occasional raw goat cheese. I'm going to go completely casein-free to see if it helps. Anyone else out there with something similar?
Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

I get eczema from dairy, is yours similar to that?

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#3 lonewolf

lonewolf

Gluten Free pancakes over the fire!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:20 AM

I get eczema from dairy, is yours similar to that?

It's not quite like excema. I don't think the doctors/dermatologists quite kow what it is. It's small - like the head of a small pin and some of them are separate and some group together. They are bumpy and sometimes itchy. When they itch, sometimes there is a very small amount of fluid inside when I scratch, but it usually seems dry. It doesn't go away with my topical psoriasis medication, which usually helps excema too.

The only dairy I eat is butter and raw goat cheese and very occasionally sheep milk romano. I think I finally figured out that there is a connection with the butter, which I guess I'm going to have to eliminate, again. What I can't figure out is why my skin didn't stay clear all those years that I didn't eat any dairy at all.
Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

#4 lindalee

lindalee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:59 PM

Liz, I've still got a little rash on my neck / back of head area that itches. Can't figure it out <_<
Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: