Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Cheese Wafers

2 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'm afraid I am an inveterate snacker, and yesterday a friend of mine brought some cheese wafers to our bridge session. They are gluten-free and are soo easy to make, so I decided to share her recipe with you: Cut cheese (any kind, but hers were made of cheddar) into half inch squares. Put them on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, put them on paper towels to take out additional grease. And voila! that's it. Store them in an airtight container, and they will last for about 3 days; that is if you don't gobble them up right away. Oh, yes, and they will turn out to be about 2 inches round.

She also said that she sometimes sprinkles grated Parmesan cheese on parchment paper and uses the same method and you can make them any size you choose. She then puts topping of vegetables or whatever on them.

Hope you will enjoy.

Flo from Washington State

Hi Flo,

I read your post and knew I had a small piece of cheddar cheese

remaining from a party! No parchment paper, though, so I just

tried a cookie sheet! Works okay in a pinch!

What a scrumptious treat!!!! Of course, we ran out of cheese before

our tummies were satisfied!

My husband wanted to run out and buy more cheese. He said these

would be gone in a minute at a party! You know what I will be serving

the next time we have friends over!

Some of them we ate plain and some I added a salsa/velveeta dip to them.

Can't tell which were better!

Thank your friend and thank you!!!!