Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Squeamishness/cd

2 posts in this topic

Hey all!

Ever since my diagnosis, I become ill after having blood taken, or when my body is pricked in any manner. When I was cleaning the lid to my salt shaker, I cut my finger on the sharp edge and felt moderately nauseated. Is this related to celiac disease? If not, how do I fix this? I've been taking a multivitamin, so I have the maximum amount of iron.

Thanks,

Ads by Google:

I doubt you're feeling queasy about blood and needles because of celiac disease. Although anything's possible, I had to go through hundreds of blood tests weekly as well as iron treatments through IV's, and I'm clumsy so I'm constantly cutting or hurting myself and except for the uncomfortable feelings it doesn't bother me. However, my fiancee, whom I love to death will pass out at the sight of needles and/or blood, no matter the situation. It's just the way he is... Some people don't care for them, I don't but it doesn't make me sick. Maybe it's a mind set or a weak stomach with those things... Next time try not to concentrate on the needle or how much blood, or the fact that it should hurt, instead try to find something, anything else to concentrate on. Good Luck!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Hi, No, I do not have celiac  disease. I have an ankylosing spondylitis which is an auto-immune disease provoking an inflammation of the joints. Under the advice and supervision of my doctor and the professor at the hospital I follow a gluten free & casein free diet, which is extremely successful in preventing inflammatory events. And I've been doing so, strictly, for more than 6 years. So I'm not Celiac, but I can tell you that I react strongly every time I take gluten even in small amounts. Even soya sauce, which according to this website has an almost zero dose of gluten, is a lot too much for me. Nevertheless I allow myself to eat food which has been processed in a factory which processes gluten. To conclude, I would say that when you are travelling, especially in a country where celiac disease is scarcely known, you should be twice as careful as when you're going out at home. In the end you can never guarantee that the cook has cleaned his pan after using soya sauce and so on... You can only bet
    • Along those lines, many Americans are now pursuing gluten-free eating. Gluten ... Diagnosis of celiac disease typically requires a history and physical ... View the full article
    • No!  Once you fill the tub, if you sit in it for 3 minutes or you stay for 10... It doesn't change the amount or cost of the water.  That's only relevant if you have 3 kids to cycle thru that same water.  Is your hub bathing in the same water after you? Lol  And even if you add some more hot and stay longer....well...it's much cheaper than perscription meds, vodka or a substance that is legal in a few states.     Of course this only pertains to those of use with running water.... If you make your hub haul water from the creek or well and heat it over a fire....
    • Whether it is bona fide dermatitis herpetiformis, or severe eczema or hives or what have you, we all want to know how to stop the incessant itching.  Through all my research, the solution comes down to one thing: a good long soak in the tub-- with baking soda or Epsom salts or some kind of herbal tea, followed by a rub down in thick expensive lotion.  I don't know about you, but I was brought up to "get in, get done get out."  A long soak in the bath was a frivolous luxury, and a waste of time and hot water.  So now I'm having this awful breakout from forgetting to read a label and got wheated.  And every night I've been soaking in a baking soda bath to relieve the itching and aid my recovery.  And it's been hard! (But it's been very helpful too)  It has been hard to reconcile this "frivolous luxury and waste of time" as medically necessary!  Fortunately I've had no judging, and only support from my husband, who has had a similar upbringing.  Does anyone else struggle with this?
    • His son, Eli, had been misdiagnosed with celiac disease, so the family tried some gluten-free foods. After adding quinoa (KEEN-wah) to their diet, ... View the full article
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• HappyMom623

I have Tangled problem! I want all the things Rapunzel Related....including Flynn Rider 😂 but seriously. I have like 8 shirts I want.
      · 0 replies
    • AprilBeth2013

RT @MarkDever: “But the work is God’s and we do not fear the final results. ‘The heathen shall be given to His Son for His inheritance,’ .…
      · 0 replies
    • silk

I have celiac disease and have been gluten-free for almost 10 years.  I am extremely sensitive to gluten, noting that I react within 15 minutes of contact and in fact the doctor suspects that there may also be an actual wheat allergy at play but have never bothered to be tested since I avoid it like the plague!  I am curious to know if anyone else reacts to flax or inulin?  My symptoms with those two are almost identical to gluten so I have to really watch for that in gluten-free breads and baking and recently discovered after the fact that flax was in the juice I was drinking. I know that people with gluten issues can have other problems as well and in fact I also avoid milk products.  Even after 10 years, and although it has become a way of life, it's still frustrating to have to read every ingredient on every label.😞
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Themos