Squeamishness/cd

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:04 PM

Hey all!

Ever since my diagnosis, I become ill after having blood taken, or when my body is pricked in any manner. When I was cleaning the lid to my salt shaker, I cut my finger on the sharp edge and felt moderately nauseated. Is this related to celiac disease? If not, how do I fix this? I've been taking a multivitamin, so I have the maximum amount of iron.

Thanks,

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jendenise

jendenise

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:51 PM

I doubt you're feeling queasy about blood and needles because of celiac disease. Although anything's possible, I had to go through hundreds of blood tests weekly as well as iron treatments through IV's, and I'm clumsy so I'm constantly cutting or hurting myself and except for the uncomfortable feelings it doesn't bother me. However, my fiancee, whom I love to death will pass out at the sight of needles and/or blood, no matter the situation. It's just the way he is... Some people don't care for them, I don't but it doesn't make me sick. Maybe it's a mind set or a weak stomach with those things... Next time try not to concentrate on the needle or how much blood, or the fact that it should hurt, instead try to find something, anything else to concentrate on. Good Luck!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: