No replies to this topic

#1 lauriel234

lauriel234

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:25 AM

My family is planning a trip to Ohio this summer. This will be the first vacation since my daughter, 15, has been diagnosed as celiac. Also my son, 10, had been having stomach problems and was given a blood test, but came back negative. While we were waiting for the results and doctor's appt., I had him on a gluten free diet. The problems disappeared. When he came back negative, I started him on regular diet and within a week - 10 days, he started having problems again. He is a very picky eater and lost weight while on the gluten-free diet, but I seem to have no choice to start it again.
Does anyone know of any gluten free restaurants in Ohio? I believe we are going to the Cleveland area and Sandusky - for the amusement park. Not sure what else yet. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, am looking for a suite-type hotel in this area with kitchens available, since I'm sure I'll have to cook for some meals. My daughter has been living on different types of rice since she was diagnosed and luckily we have found good gluten-free chicken nuggets (Wellshire Farms) which I also use a lot.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: