1 reply to this topic

#1 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:01 AM

:wacko: sighhhhhhhhh why now-- :( i have been gluten-free for well over 3 1/2 yrs now--i never had DH before--i have always had dry skin <_< in winter--i use lotion daily and before you ask ;) i made sure my lotions do not contain gluten or soy :ph34r: unless hidden--i havent eaten anything containing gluten--i did make cornbread on saturday night which did upset my tummy a little :( , but i tried it again in cornbread stuffing on sunday and was fine :) --tuesday night i had 2 little slices with my supper and my tummy got upset again :( , just uncomfortable, not really sick--i used Arrowhead Mills Yellow Cornmeal--organic, wheat free, made with non gluten ingredients--all stated on the package--- :unsure: on monday, i noticed my right elbow was like crawling, know the feeling :huh: --started itching and has little raised bumps on it--the rash is only about 1" in diameter--i put benedryl on it--yesterday, i noticed my left elbow is now the same--the left doesnt seem as itchy--this am, still the same--dont itch all the time, but not getting better--i am now using peppermint lotion on both--no itch, but still there----anyone have any ideas for me :angry: sometimes i feel like just 1 more thing and i am flipping out :wacko: i truly cant thing of anything out of the ordinary other then the cornbread :unsure: deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kvogt

kvogt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:19 AM

I don't recall whether dairy is in or out for you, but it causes me skin problems; soy too. It can be days and days later. The little bit of milk in a milk chocolate covered sweet is enough to flare up my eczema. I've had eczema hot spots like you described.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: