3 replies to this topic

#1 pat e

pat e

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

My c reactive protein is 13 mg/dl, normal is less than 5. My sed rate is 120 and normal range is 1-44.
Before I was diagnosised with celiac my sed rate was 54 and and my sed rate was 6. My biopsy indicated moderate to severel disease. My last biopsy was mild. Is this still related to the celiac ? I am negative for lupus and RA.
My hct is 11.3 and hematocrit was 33.8 and rbc was 3.64 All low. I was taking an mvi with iron a couple of times per week and the values came, but I had stopped and now the values are low. My cardiologist said I may not be following my gluten free diet close enough. My translutamomase was good in Nov 2007. My gi doctor ordered another level.

I am worried because I also have genetic hyperlipidemia. I am on maximum level of meds including crestor,
zetia and welchol. My last lipid level was 304 cholesterol and 249 ldl. These level and the high c reactive protein set me up for heart disease. My bmi is 24 and I exercise 4 times per week for 45 minute to 1 Hour.
My stress test with thalium came back normal and now they plan on a ultrasound of the heart.
If my arteries show 50% or more blockage, I have to go on hemi pharesis which is similar to dialysis every two weeks.

I admit to tasting a cake mix prepared with flour and wheat pasta when cooking for the rest of the family.
but in general I avoid pasta, bread.

Could it be make up, shampoo, or body wash? What is recommended?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

If your intent is to be gluten free, you're not ..... "I admit to tasting a cake mix prepared with flour and wheat pasta when cooking for the rest of the family.
but in general I avoid pasta, bread."
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:18 AM

The C reactive protein is a marker for inflammation. Since you are not really gluten free that could very well be the cause. You can't taste stuff, in fact most of us will not use gluten grain flours because the molecules become airborne and when you inhale them you get glutened. It takes 24 hours for all the flour dust to actually make it down to the floor and during that time you are breathing it in and injesting. If you are going to allow the toxin in the house you need to take precautions to protect yourself. You have come to the right place to find out how.
You do also need to check the items you mentioned as well as checking ALL meds you are on. Generics need to be checked with the maker with every refill and to get the most accurate answer you need to check them yourself.
There are a lot of really good gluten free breads, pastas, pizza mixes and premades, hamburger buns etc. There are also a lot of naturally gluten free foods although it can take a bit to get used to not being able to use a lot of convience or processed foods. Celiac is an autoimmune issue, in other words your body forms antibodies to it and eventually to itself in response to injestion. Even a very, very tiny amount is enough to get the antibodies flowing throughout your bloodstream attacking not just your gut but your brain, liver, pancreas, heart, kidneys, muscles and joints anyplace the blood flows through your body is open to being effected by the antibody reaction. It is not a lifestyle that can be picked up and then dropped for convience at times without risking some very serious outcomes.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 ShayFL

ShayFL

ShayFL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:04 AM

You need to be 100% Gluten Free. No tasting. Hopefully if you can do this and get the biopsy to show no damage. That should be your goal.
GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: