Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  




Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:




Ads by Google:






   Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Lymph Nodes
0

3 posts in this topic

Reading about lymph system in GI tract, but we're not there yet with knowing.

Very concerning to see dd has had lymph node in each arm swollen and painful over the last 2-3 months.

She never told me, but she's had one swollen near her groin.

My worry is b/c of the occurrence of lymphoma with Celiac's.

Could it be something adrenal related? How would a doctor know?

Sorry for a similar post in one of my first posts in another thread. I wanted to separate this one symptom from the rest and see how familiar it is to anyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ads by Google:

If lymph nodes stay swollen for more than a week, you should go to see a doctor. It could just be an infection. They can test for that. And if not an infection, they can do a needle biopsy to find out. Please do not let fear keep you from acting. You always want to catch things as early as possible. Likely it is nothing, but you need to find out.

A friend of mine just took her daughter to the doctor a few weeks ago because she had 3 swollen lymph nodes on her neck. They ran tons of blood work and everything came back fine. They scheduled a biopsy, but before that date came, two had gone away and the other was shrinking. Turns out to have been nothing. But they were going to do the right thing.

You need to talk to a doctor.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, absolutely.

To justify a bit, I am dealing with an inadequate military health system that has failed me in this process for over 3 years- going on 4 with a diagnosis. We ran treating allergies here, mental health over at psychiatry, GI many times for no real outcome except for "wait and see", no one listened. I don't trust them. I'm not being overly whiny- they really have blown me off- her off, really.

Once the dx process is stable and we have a better idea of what we're looking at, hopefully the scope is enough (upper and lower), I am switching to Johns Hopkins Health, which is an option. It gets no better than that. If I switched my daughter now, the waiting game continues and I push this back further.

It's being brought up at the pre op on Wednesday this week.

I asked here because I've come to trust those who've had to go through it more than I do the incompetent doctors we've suffered through. Having a general idea when you walk in their door helps, knowing how things might be interconnected helps you do validate why you're asking them to investigate further. I've noticed I've needed to arm myself this way with them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.