Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Spam-gluten Free?

4 posts in this topic

I checked out the ingredients on spam and it was fine. I ate it and have been sick since. I also ate Birds eye Brussel sprouts in a Butter sauce. I did not list any gluten either. I know those are the only two new things I ate this last week. Any help?

Ads by Google:

The Spam is safe here is a link to their gluten free lists and the section that contains the Spam. There is a lot more so be sure to check the link.

http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/glutenfree/default.aspx

Shelf-Stable Foods Not Containing Gluten:

Carapelli

I get different vegetables in the Birds Eye brand but I avoid the ones with sauces, sometimes they have natural flavors in them. Do you have a package of the Brussel sprouts in a Butter sauce still where you can post the ingredients?

Hope you are feeling better!

Spam is gluten free. I eat it all the time (I grew up in HI) and never get sick from it. I'm a little suspicious of Bird's Eye, I got a very non-committal letter from them a couple years ago in regards to gluten and a lot of their products do have gluten in them, so it may be a CC issue with them. Also, if you did not make the butter sauce there are good chances it had some hidden gluten in it somewhere.