- - - - -

What Else

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AmandasMommy_*

Guest_AmandasMommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:21 AM

well ive read so much in topics and looking at signatures. i see that many of you also have other diseases and health problems. does celiac disease cause these other problems. should i expect my baby to have or get more. :o

i have also heard certain symtoms i do not understand, like what is stomach wind???? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:51 AM

Alot of people went undiagnosed for a long time. Celiac can cause other things if untreated for a while. There can be other contributors to the other diseases and health issues as well..not just celiac.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:06 AM

From what I read, the biggest problem with celiac disease is the prevent of abosrbation of nutritents such as Iron, Calcium, etc. The lack of these causes other health issues, such as my Anemia. Strick adherence to the diet prevents these complications.

This is jsut my uderstanding based on all the reading I have been doing over the last few weeks, Im not a docotor and i do not pretned to be an expert on this matter. :)

- Vincent -

#4 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

I think if a child with celiac disease is diagnosed early enough and put on a proper diet then there is likely to be little to worry about. Most of use here did not find out until we were adults which gave gluten plenty of time to wreak havoc in our lives.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: