Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Could It Be Possible To Cure Yourself With Diet?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 Terri O

Terri O

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

A friend on another site sent me this and I am intrigued. Has anyone tried this? Anyone heard of it? Maybe I am grasping at straws but what the video says seems to make sense to me...thanks for your opinions! Terri O

http://kellythekitch...ontent=FaceBook

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 adab8ca

adab8ca

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

hmmm...i didn't read the whole thing but celiac is not a food allergy, it is an autoimmune diesase where your body attacks itself. so, people are "cured" when they stop eating gluten but if you start again, you will have the same autoimmune response.
i know people often get relief from other condirions, like RA, when stopping gluten, RA is also autoimmune and these things can all be interconnected.
I think that a food allergy does not cause "long termdamage" to your body like celiac does, but I am no expert on allergies (nor celiac for that matter)
TTG >200 (normal <10)
IgA gliadin 24 (normal <11)
IgG gliadin 38 (normal <11)
Endoscopy showed damage that looked like "classic celiac", biopsy showed total villous atrophy
Started gluten-free diet Aug 31, 2010
Only real symptoms are huge weight loss and neuropathy

#3 ciavyn

ciavyn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

I have to agree. This is dealing with food allergies, and I'm not convinced this person even has a clue what they are talking about, given that she only uses herself as an example. But beyond that, Celiac's Disease is an autoimmune disease. Your body attacks itself in the presence of gluten. While a number of folks have done the Specific Carbohydrate Diet with some success to get away from the foods that both them, it isn't going to fix autoimmune disease. Sorry to be a downer, but until they come up with a real cure, this one isn't it.
Gluten free: Nov. 2009
Peanut and dairy free: Dec. 2009
Rediscovered dairy: March 2010 (in small quantities)
Peanuts added back: June 2010 (in small quantities)

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,768 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

As far as celiac is concerned this is total bunk. The person is trying to sell their 'classes' and sounds like they really know nothing about celiac. There are some people who will heal after a while on the diet and then have it take some time for symptoms to come back, the reason they used to think kids outgrew celiac, but we now know that is not the case.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 Terri O

Terri O

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

That is pretty much what I though when I read and watched her spiel. Too bad for us! THanks for the responses! Terri O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: