Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Not To Jump The Gun Or Anything But Day 4 And Jeez..

• Please log in to reply

7 replies to this topic

#1 asickdaddy

asickdaddy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

I am slightly shocked

Maybe placebo, but at this point who cares.

What I have noticed, it may sound extreme but to be honest it is more subtle that it sounds but..

I am breathing better, not great but not like it was.
I have ketarosis pilaris or a million red bumps all over my arms and legs, these have faded quite a bit
I have these little red sores on my shoulders and arms, maybe 5 in total and these seem to be healing meanwhile they have been there for 6 months
I am actually getting tired and falling asleep normally rather than the extreme insomnia
My acid reflux has improved 75% and I have not needed any antacids
My hoarse throat, still pretty bad, actually sounds terrible but I did have a moment or two where I sounded clear.. just a brief moment.

Lastly and best of all my stomach pain has all but virtually left me a lone. I had a brief hour or two with it yesterday and moments of it today but for the most part it is giving me a break. This has led to a great improvement in mood and function. I have actually achieved many many things in the last few days and been a more involved father and husband with a better attitude.

Now I only quit 4 days ago. I have been in control of my food so no CC that I can dream of. I have not cheated. I have quit dairy and gluten so I am not sure which one is the culprit. I have had some serious cravings and it was challenging on mothers day to not order at the restaurant, I actually bought my own chicken at the store and ate that in the car, lol. I did get a fruit smoothie, that was all fruit, orange juice and honey.

I am quite surprised actually and keeping my fingers crossed. I really have something happening to me with dairy and gluten, what my title or whatever is I don't know? How long this will continue I do not know? If everyday was like today I would actually be a much more productive human being and that is a good thing.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Long may it last :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

happens quick, don't it. :)
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,742 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

:) :) :) :) :)
Yes you can improve that quickly. I have literally never had another migraine since the day I went gluten free, except a couple times early on when I got glutened. My tummy issues also stopped really fast and after having D day and night for 15 years that was a real pleasent change.
I hope you continue to improve. After you have been feeling better for a couple months then you can try adding dairy back in. Many of us can add it in after we have fully healed.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 atb913

atb913

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

I had been off gluten for about 3 days when I noticed I could see things more clearly. Like the film in my eyes disappeared.

I've only been gluten-free for a week and a half but I'm NEVER going back!

#6 blank

blank

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Oh wow! I didn't know what "Keratosis pilaris" was until i read it in your post, then i googled it. I've had this for as long as i can remember. Gluten causes it?
i didn't even know there was a name to it, i just figured i didn't scrub those parts of my body hard enough.

wow, im suspecting i have some food allergies as well (headaches/migraines/brain fog) etc are my biggest concerns though.

wow! thanks for sharing info.

edit:
here is a picture of one of my legs. not very good (its dark here) but is this ketarosis pilaris?
This is one of my legs. i know it looks bad and nasty. I try to scrub and scrub my body in the shower but these never go away

Posted Image ?

#7 asickdaddy

asickdaddy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yep that looks like the bumps I have all over my biceps and legs. It seems to get deeper in red and almost infected looking as I ingest more gluten. I am now a week off and they look mildly faded. I do not think they will ever go away, but probably improve greatly.

I also get larger open red sores, generally in the same spot on my shoulders. I have about 5 of them, and they are so bad that when they do heal they are scars. They seem to completely close up and heal to a scar when I quit dairy and gluten. When I return to gluten and dairy, it takes time but usually a few weeks back into it and these wounds reappear.

#8 Cypressmyst

Cypressmyst

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

No placebo Darlin' just a life free of ingesting poison anymore. :) Welcome to the first 4 days of your beautiful life. ;) And when you are at a good place and you notice even more things clear up please do tell others. Gluten Intolerance effects everyone in my estimation.
Grain Free
Casein Free
Soy Free
Refined Sugar Free
Preservative Free
Free Range
Free Willy
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...

...dang...there goes chocolate... :bawl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: