#1 Joni63

Joni63

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Hey!

I have had this pain or tired feeling in the muscles above my right eye for a while now. My eyes also feel like they are burning sometimes. My eyebrow area looks puffier on the right side than the left and it causes my eyelid to appear slightly droopy on that side. I take clarinex occasionally for other allergy symptoms, but it really doesn't seem to help.

Just wondering if anyone else has this? What causes it? Should I go to an allergist or an opthomologist? And can it be improved???
Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

Take you pick but see someone. If they don't know, they'll be prompt to send you to the other. Generally I would think allergist first with swelling but that pain and overall symptomatology is a bit puzzling. Keep in mind that OTC allergy meds may not prevent all allergic reactions and may not supress all symptoms. I use some to take an edge off symptoms but with some reactions some symptoms still get through.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#3 Looking for answers

Looking for answers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Have you heard of Sjogren's syndrome? Check it out and see if that matches up at all. My friend had the swelling your mention and the pain, and was later diagnosed with it.
2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)
2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life
2009 Low T3 thyroid hormone, muscle twitching and adrenal fatigue
2006- Elevated Speckled ANA. GI suggested Celiac. Started gluten-free diet, but sloppily
2005 - Thought I had wheat "allergy." Stopped eating bread, oats problem too
College years - Still vegan -sickest point in life. Every classic celiac symptom
Teenage years - Stomach pain prompted veganism -> BIG mistake!
Child - Awful gas, D, C. Chronic infections, appendix and tonsils removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: