Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Swollen Right Eyelid/eyebrow

3 posts in this topic

Hey!

I have had this pain or tired feeling in the muscles above my right eye for a while now. My eyes also feel like they are burning sometimes. My eyebrow area looks puffier on the right side than the left and it causes my eyelid to appear slightly droopy on that side. I take clarinex occasionally for other allergy symptoms, but it really doesn't seem to help.

Just wondering if anyone else has this? What causes it? Should I go to an allergist or an opthomologist? And can it be improved???

Ads by Google:

Take you pick but see someone. If they don't know, they'll be prompt to send you to the other. Generally I would think allergist first with swelling but that pain and overall symptomatology is a bit puzzling. Keep in mind that OTC allergy meds may not prevent all allergic reactions and may not supress all symptoms. I use some to take an edge off symptoms but with some reactions some symptoms still get through.

Have you heard of Sjogren's syndrome? Check it out and see if that matches up at all. My friend had the swelling your mention and the pain, and was later diagnosed with it.