5 replies to this topic

#1 tippi2birds

tippi2birds

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

I have an internal itch on right side abdomen for about a year now. Comes and goes, recently told I had a gluten intolerance and possible other food intolerance or allergies although haven't had the money to get tested. Just wanted to know if this was normal, also in the same area sometimes I feel a pinching like discomfort inside. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JWSJ

JWSJ

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Strange you mention that itch. I used to get it regularly. I thought it was related to my appendix.

But, I don't remember having it since I've been gluten free.

#3 Di2011

Di2011

Advanced Community Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hi tippi2birds,
I'd had these for years. Now (after a 9month stint working in a bakery, quit May 2011) I have all over dermatitis (probably dermatitis herpetiformis associated with gluten intolerance). The itch sometimes felt a bit like a nerve tingle for me. Now that I have been full blown skin itch/blister I wish I'd known earlier what the cause was. I hope you are eating gluten free and be aware of other triggers for the skin problems (see the Dermatitis Herpetiformis forum here on celiac.com).

#4 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I get a pinching sensation in my upper abdomen just right of my epigastric region but not quite the RUQ. The best way I can explain it is that is feels like a rubber band is pulling and I feel the tension as the tighter it is stretched. I developed this 15 months after I went gluten free. I do sometimes get minor discomfort, sometimes slight pain in the same area or RUQ. I had my gallbladder evaulated Feb. 2010 and I didn't have any stones, but had a slightly underfunctioning gallbladder. I got the same sensation when they injected me with the CCK the medicine that mimics a fatty meal to stimulate the gallbladder. I still get this occasionally and I can directly relate it to to much fat consumption. I do have a threshold, but sometimes it is hard to pinpoint exactly what that threshold is. I definately know when I have consumed to much though. :P I do think the gallbladder function has gotten worse, but I'm not really in any pain per se, so I don't have any plans to do anything about the gallbladder at this time.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#5 trayne91

trayne91

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

This is totally killing me right now. Right side upper quadrant itches like mad with nothing there, but also hurts inside. It's driving me mad today. :angry:
Found an old topic on that same thing. http://www.celiac.co...itching-anyone/

Tracy

Gluten-free 5/14/12. Elevated TTG IGA 4/12
Positive biopsy (flat folds and elevated Intraepithelial lymphocytes) 5/9/12
Results delivered 5/14/12
Migraines, swelling, bloating, asthma, tingling in legs, anxiety, fatigue, etc...
Low Vitamin D 17. Three years of 1000 IUs of D3 a day, now up to 36 (30 normal)
Hysterectomy 1/2010
WPW Syndrome - Diagnosed at 17. Ablation 9/2006

#6 jeanzdyn

jeanzdyn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

I have experienced this too. It is an itching sensation, apparently internal, in the abdomen area. It is occasionally accompanied by pain the same area.
It makes me crazy sometimes, I have to really work to ignore it. I think it is occuring less often now, as I have been gluten free for 5 months.
What is food to one man may be fierce poison to others. —--Lucretius

I miss bread! But I love Kinnikinnick gluten free pizza crust.

Diagnosed celiac disease: November 2011 (biopsy and endoscopy)
other conditions: asthma, arthritis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: