Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Masa Mexican Restaurant (Head Chefs Feedback)

• Please log in to reply

No replies to this topic

#1 Auriana81

Auriana81

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

My husbands 30th Birthday is coming up and he really wanted to go back to this restaurant he went to with his work. http://www.masa-restaurant.com/ I called asking about their gluten-free options and was told they would get the info and someone would call me back.

I was never called, HOWEVER The Head executive chef there e-mailed me directly from his home e-mail to answer my questions a couple days later.

In my e-mail to them I explained that I have a HIGH allergy to wheat and am Gluten Intolerant. Along with that I have allergies to seafood, seed, and nuts.

The following was our conversation and the great assistance he was able to provide :)

Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:45 PM
Subject: Dinner at Masa

Sorry for the delay in my response regarding your gluten free and specific allergy menu options for your future dinner at Masa. We have many options that are gluten free and can do just about anything on the menu without seeds or nuts except the Mole and a few of the desserts. There are trace amounts of flour in the tortillas so if it is an extreme reaction I suggests avoiding any of the corn based dishes such as tacos, enchiladas, quesadilla, and unfortunately the chips; however as I mentioned they have very small traces of flour. We do have some seafood items but the kitchen staff is very cautious about cross contamination and dealing with seafood allergies. There are no hidden seafood options on the menu such as shellfish stocks or bases. There is beer in the queso fundito, quesadilla, and the beef enchilada so I would avoid those options with the wheat allergy.
Our service staff is very knowledgeable on ingredients and together we would be very happy to accommodate you and your husband for dinner!!

Let me know if you have any other questions and we look forward to having you.

I am off work today so this is my personal email, feel free to email me back here otherwise I will be back in the restaurant tomorrow.

Jerusa Ricke
Executive Chef
Masa

------------

MYSELF

On Mar 1, 2012, at 4:33 PM, wrote:

Thank you so much for the reply and the time it took to provide it. I see 2 items on the menu Id be interested in and was hoping you can confirm that they would both be okay and if I need to order them any special way to achieve that?

1. Filete al Chipotle con Queso Chihuahua y Cebollitas Verdes Grilled beef tenderloin marinated
with chipotle salsa and finished with melted Chihuahua cheese and grilled green onions

and

2. Pollito al Campestre Grilled all-natural chicken breast marinated in salsa verde with roasted poblanos, mushrooms and onion; served with poblano crema and cilantro rice

Would either of these options be safe for me? Thank you again so much for your time, and I greatly appreciate your help in this so I can enjoy the night!

----------------

Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012
Subject: Dinner at Masa

Both of those options are fine for you; we do serve a sweer corn tamale with the steak as well but we can switch that out with some beans or another vegetable for you. Also if you are unable to eat the tortilla chips we could substitute some fresh vegetables or potato chips for you with the salsas.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: