Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Accidental Gluten Ingestion.. Or Overreacting And Worrying On My Part?

3 posts in this topic

So I have a history of worrying WAY too much. Doesn't help I have emteophobia as well, so that just adds to all this anxiety. I have been gluten free for over two years now. I'm 14. I have had too many gluten scares to count, when I am assured I will be just fine and guess what -- I am. A tiny soap bubble of mystery soap (gluten-free or not, I don't know) going on my lip.. Someone's juice going on my lip.. Tape in my hair, someone spraying perfume and me breathing heavily, and having a cookie thrown at me. Which, fyi, never even came close to my mouth.

Now I have another scare! I have tape all over my chair and couch because we're trying to get my kitten to use the post. Double stick tape. It's scotch. Clear. I was leaning my head against the couch arm, and the tape went on my hair, and the side of my face, and on my cheek, relativley close to my mouth. Freaking out, I wiped my face, put my hair up, and rubbed vigorously at my cheek. None of it actually touched my mouth. I have looked it up, and a few places have said yes, scotch tape brand is gluten free, and it has been in gluten free school list supplies. But I have a low level of trust when it comes to gluten (bad experience with the dentist..) so....

Am I overreacting?

or should I go order my tombstone? xD

Ads by Google:

Don't freak out it will only make things worse! Take a deep breath!:)

Getting something on your lip/in your mouth could gluten you if it has gluten in it. As for the cookie being thrown at you...unless you catch the cookie then lick your hand, you will be ok:) I understand that it makes you nervous, i get quite worried a lot too. To the best of my knowledge, if you don't get the gluten on/in somewhere where it could be ingested, you will be ok! Just wash your hands a lot and don't touch your mouth, then everything will be fine!:)

Yes, deep breath. I assume you react to gluten with symptoms? I think you are doing a great job following the gluten-free diet, but it might help to let your body tell you when it does not like something. That may reduce some of your anxiety? Everyone makes mistakes, just so long as it doesn't become a habit! :lol: I don't think that the scotch tape will cause you a problem. If it does, there really isn't anything you can do about it now – you've done your job! :) I worry a lot too, but it helps to remember that I've done the best that I can and sometimes, things happen! I do think that you will be ok though. :)