Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dairy Is So Much Harder...i Just Want To Whine...

3 posts in this topic

I am ok with celiac disease...I can make a decent (or even better) gluten free anything...but this casein intolerance has me down. I miss real cheese. I miss real butter. I miss Culvers frozen custard. Sigh...

I can eat dairy...I don't get sick. But I spend 3-4 days with a "dairy coma" where I can't get out of bed. My face breaks out in terrible acne. And my itchy greasy crusty scalp condition returns.

It sucks. I caved and had a Snickers bar (IKR? Not even GOOD milk chocolate) and slept until almost 11 today. And my head itches like crazy. And I have 5 new pimples. I'm so mad and having a bit of a pity party today....

Ads by Google:

:( I can totally relate. I still miss cheese, greek yogurt, butter...especially when my boyfriend is having some right in front of my I'm like 'arrrrrrgggggh WHY!!??!?' on the inside. Dairy products were also a great source of protein for me.

It's not a catastrophe that you caved, it happens, we are all human. Sometimes we just can't help it. Hopefully over time the benefits of staying off dairy (as well as the negatives of ingestion) will encourage you to stay off of it, but this is a process sometimes.

I hope you feel better soon!

I used to really miss cheese. And now once in a great while I will wish I could have it. Thankfully I never liked milk, ice cream, yogurt or other dairy products. I can even live without butter.

But the last time I ate cheese, I got so sick that it wouldn't be worth it to ever eat it again. I really prefer feeling good. Not having to dash to the bathroom.

What makes it hard for me is that I am intolerant to so many things! Dining out is especially tough. If I don't know what is in something, I just won't eat it.