3 replies to this topic

#1 Peppa_minto

Peppa_minto

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Sorry for asking another question! I feel like I'm blowing up this board, but I'm just trying to reassure myself and understand this whole process... What does pale stool mean? I noticed mine are a light brown when I et gluten but during the month that I was gluten free my stool was much more solid and way darker... Now my stools are kind of loose and don't look fully digested.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think in general paler means fattier but others certainly know more.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#3 FruitEnthusiast

FruitEnthusiast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Pale stool is lighter in color than what's usually considered normal. It's one of the sure signs I've been glutened. It's about the color of cardboard, at least in my case, sounds the same for you. I don't know why it turns that color, but the only time it's ever been like that is when my body is trying to process gluten in my system, or another food that my body reacts to just like gluten.

Sara  :)   "This life is a test. It is only a test. If it had been an actual life, you would

have received further instructions on where to go and what to do"

"If you're going through hell, keep going" :) Winston Churchill
Histamine Intolerant  Apr 2014

N C Gluten Intolerant dx Feb 2012  Also Intolerant to Rice, Eggs, Nightshades.
Gluten-Free/ Grain-free/ only whole foods prepared at home since  March 2012
Dairy, Soy, Chocolate free since Jan 2012   Sensitive to Corn and Mold since 1995

#4 SensitiveMe

SensitiveMe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

One of the books I have here lists potential symptons regarding Celiacs and/or gluten intolerance. It describes stools as being pale, foul-smelling, bulky, and/or fatty stools that float.

I hope that helps some. I don't believe it would be a definite medically accepted symptom but just more of an indication that Celiacs or gluten intolerance may be occuring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: