Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

A Poop Question

4 posts in this topic

Sorry for asking another question! I feel like I'm blowing up this board, but I'm just trying to reassure myself and understand this whole process... What does pale stool mean? I noticed mine are a light brown when I et gluten but during the month that I was gluten free my stool was much more solid and way darker... Now my stools are kind of loose and don't look fully digested.

Ads by Google:

I think in general paler means fattier but others certainly know more.

Pale stool is lighter in color than what's usually considered normal. It's one of the sure signs I've been glutened. It's about the color of cardboard, at least in my case, sounds the same for you. I don't know why it turns that color, but the only time it's ever been like that is when my body is trying to process gluten in my system, or another food that my body reacts to just like gluten.

One of the books I have here lists potential symptons regarding Celiacs and/or gluten intolerance. It describes stools as being pale, foul-smelling, bulky, and/or fatty stools that float.

I hope that helps some. I don't believe it would be a definite medically accepted symptom but just more of an indication that Celiacs or gluten intolerance may be occuring.