#16 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just an update...

I am finally feeling better! No gluten, no soy, no corn is in my diet. And I can function again.

I will still see the gastro even if any testing won't give accurate results. Other maladies can at least be ruled out, if my progress isn't enough to do that.

Now I just need to educate myself on how to eat out without ingesting any of these poisons.

Thank you again for your support during my troubled times.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Welcome AnnJay!

Wasn't sure if something was clear to you because celiac testing is so very frustrating - but keeping gluten in the diet before endoscopy gives the BEST CHANCE for accurate biopsy. This does not mean that it will not be beneficial for you to have one done. It is possible to have a biopsy that is positive shortly after removing gluten, it is just more likely while still ingesting it.

Additionally, if damage is severe it can be observed by the doctor, not just by biopsy. I hope yours is not visible - just letting you know there is value to the procedure even if you can not tolerate the gluten challenge. The endo also looks at other parts of the digestive system and often provides valuable info.

Regarding your children - you mentioned "the antibody test" I'm not sure you had a full celiac panel. The full panel is essential as it gives far more information than the celiac screening tTG IgA test.

Here is the Full Celiac Blood Panel:

Total Serum IgA
Tissue Transglutaminase IgA and IgG
Gliadin IgA and IgG
Endomysial Antibody IgA
Deamidated Gliadin Peptide IgA and IgG

Glad to hear you have had some improvement by removing gluten along with some other foods - I hope you continue to improve each day :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#18 Finally@45

Finally@45

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

The carmel color reaction is to corn. I also can't tolerate most vinegars; red wine is ok, but I tend to avoid all of them. Corn vinegar is just as bad on my reactions as gluten-contaminated vinegars.

Check out your reaction to corn.

Celiac & Mastocytosis

Follows a diet similar to the Paleo diet, minus high-histamine items such as

avocadoes, mangoes, papaya, berries, pork, farm-raised fish, spinach, and seeds.

No eggs or red meat either.

#19 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

I react badly to tomatos (it sets my body literally on fire feeling) and am now allergic to them. If you suspect them, cut them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: