#1 Canadian

Canadian

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hello all,

I have had chronic rhintis for 5 years or so now and have been taking nasal steroids to deal with it. I wanted to be able to not have to use the nasal sprays so I did a sensitivity test on aug 10 and it came up with gluten as something I had a bad sensitivity too. I cut out gluten and other things right away.

So I tried not using the nasal sprays much while going gluten free so I could gauge what would happen. After about 4 or 5 days I felt absolutely wonderful. My sinuses were quite clear and I did not really have much brain fog which I used to get quite a bit. Although I did have licorice on August 19 which I did not know contained gluten until after I had ate it. I noticed I did not feel so great that night and the next day was really quite bad and I had a lot of brain fog. Since the licorice I have not had any gluten products that I know of and am rarely taking the nasal sprays.

The problem I am facing now is fatigue. For the last week or so, I have slept my normal 7 or 8 hours, but when I wake up in the morning, I feel like I have barely slept at all and I feel fatigued for the whole day. But I assume this is just one type of withdrawal symptom that is possible. I understand that my fatigue is supposed to go away eventually, but it is very difficult to deal with.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

It could be withdrawl but it also could be your body is still fighting the glutening you had. Some of us can take quite a while to go through the full cascade of symptoms that they get. And those symptoms can be different for different people. I was glutened about a month ago and just started feeling normal a couple days ago.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

One thing I feel about natural remedies like diet: If there is any reaction at all it is good. If you feel good or bad something is happening.

I had about a week of bliss before falling into withdrawl or foggy dizziness of dispair. I don't know if it was withdrawl or contact with gluten and other problem foods.

I was doing something right before I got off gluten. I was on an excellent diet and supplements. I had improved in health the past 5 years. I am only about 4 months grain free. I have had some really great days lately; I have had confusing bad days. I am always trying to figure out what went wrong. I believe my supplements are one of the reasons I am improving. I have 30 years to make up for.

My foggy dizziness left at about 3 months. My last reaction to somethingoranother resulted in no fogginess.

I am not saying that you will have the same results, but there is hope. Hang on for the ride.

I hope you can learn and stay on your diet. I hope you will soon be writing about an awesome day. But if you aren't (yet) hang in there because there is hope. You can write and tell if it seems unfair you are still foggy 3 months.

Lastly, I hope you can enjoy gluten free licorice one day.

Diana

#4 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

It could be withdrawal or it could be an intolerance. A lot of secondary intolerances pop up when going gluten free.

Dairy causes my sinus's to act up so bad my sinus's swell as well as the roof of my mouth swells and blisters pop up. When that happens I usually have about a week and a half of pure heck.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: