2 replies to this topic

#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

So it has finally been a whole year. I am making an appointment because it is time to get a checkup on my liver. Because of all of the screwing around that was done, not in particular in putting off my surgery in general, but once I showed up at the ER a week before Christmas in 2011 in more pain than I had ever been in with elevated liver enzymes, I get to spend the rest of my life playing the how bad is my liver messed up game. I still get pain in my liver, but my doctor told me to give it a year. <_< It has been a year, I can link the pain to no particular food, time of day, activity or anything else. It just comes and goes. It hasn't gone away since healing from surgery either. I am just crossing my fingers at this point and hoping I am not badly enough off that I'll need to be on a transplant list eventually. (This is what they were warning me about every time I ended up in the ER... but they wouldn't just take out my freaking stupid useless gallbladder!!! GAH!) Ok, done ranting.

Since I am going to be letting someone stick a needle in me anyway, I figure I may as well bring a laundry list of tests to do. I never came up positive on the celiac blood tests, although a full panel was run twice. I don't see the point running them again, waste of money, waste of a vial of blood. I do need a follow-up ANA, blah blah blah lupus. Whatever. I figure I should be tested for vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Should I be like... test for ALL the deficiencies!!!! Or do I need to bring a list in case the PA I get stuck with is a complete and total idiot. If I need a list, I have no clue what on earth I need on it. Is there anything else I should be giving up blood for while I've got a needle in me? I feel like there is something important that I know I know, but am forgetting. Old age and all that.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Gosh I could have written that all myself. I have liver issues too and am going to the Dr. in a few weeks to be checked again for that. I am interested in reading these responses as I have the same questions you do about it all.

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Eh, i generally get everything done at once because my viens are hard to get to (they are deep). On adveradge it takes the tecnition 3 or so times before they hit them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: