Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Potato Crusted Quiche Breakfast Casserole (Gluten-Free)
Potato Crusted Quiche Breakfast Casserole (Gluten-Free)
Photo: CC--David K
Celiac.com 06/27/2016 - Here is the Potato Crusted Quiche Breakfast Casserole that my Significant Other came up with.
Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6 medium red potatoes (shredded)
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Onions (diced) x2
- 1 1/2 Cup Diced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Carrots (Shredded)
- 5-6 Strips Bacon
- 4 oz. Medium Cheddar Cheese x2 (Shredded)
- 12 Large or Jumbo Eggs (1 dozen-Well Beaten)
- 1 Cup Half and Half Cream
Bake bacon in preheated oven at 350F on a rack over jelly roll pan until bacon is crisp, set aside In a mixing bowl.
Mix the 6 shredded medium red potatoes, 1/2 cup diced onions, and 3 tablespoons almond flour mix well.
Coat bottom and sides of a 9x13 glass pan with the olive oil, put potato mixture into pan and press into sides and bottom to make a thick crust, then put the glass pan with potato mixture into 350F oven (can be baked at same time while bacon is baking) for 20 -25 minutes, until potatoes are slightly crispy.
While that/those is/are baking...in a mixing bowl beat the 12 eggs then add 1 cup half and half cream, together mix well.
Crumble 5-6 strips cooked bacon, put into mixing bowl, then add 1/2 cup onions, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, 4oz. cheddar cheese mix then add all to the egg mixture and pour over potatoes. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until knife test comes out clean.
Then put remaining 4 oz. cheddar cheese onto casserole and bake until the cheese is golden brown. Serve and eat.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Chicken Casserole (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Nancy Haehl.... [READ MORE]
Theron's Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Sue Foss.... [READ MORE]
Jane's Tuna/Noodle Casserole (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Jan Ryan.... [READ MORE]
King Ranch Casserole (Gluten-Free)
comes to us from Phyllis Chinn.... [READ MORE]
I'm 53 year old female, and the daughter of an 83 year young mom who was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1988. My mother does so well on her "gluten-free diet" her gastroenterologist was beginning to think that she had been misdiagnosed 25 years earlier because all of her celiac panels were negative, so he put her on a gluten challenge diet where she once again began eating gluten containing foods. Her first gluten containing food was pizza that was the one thing she truly missed on her gluten-free diet. Well as you might have gussed by now she was in fact correctly diagnosed and almost immediately began having symptoms. So she had to go back on the gluten-free diet. I decided to begin trying gluten-free recipes that non gluten-free people could eat but not even think about the fact that it might be gluten-free.View all articles by Marla Jacoby
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity