Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Asian-style Tuna Salad (Gluten-Free)
Asian-style Tuna Salad (Gluten-Free)
If you're looking for gluten-free, low carb and delicious, try this tuna salad. Photo: CC--Gary Denham.
I've been eating more protein and less carbs lately, so this was a perfect addition to my lunch routine. It also happens to be deliciously gluten-free.
- 10-12 ounces of canned albacore tuna in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- wedges of sweet lime, as garnish
Mix sugar into rice vinegar until dissolved.
Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl.
Gently toss to combine.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until serving.
Serve chilled with lettuce and topped with cilantro and green onions. Add squeezed lime as desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Easy Soy-Mirin Glazed Salmon (Gluten-Free)
If you're looking for and easy yet exotic way to serve fish, look no further than this soy and mirin glazed salmon.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Teriyaki Chicken, Shrimp and Salmon Kebabs
Teriyaki is one of those easy-to-love Japanese dishes that have found a welcome home on many eatery menus in the U.... [READ MORE]
Fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Mention fresh spring rolls to any number of people who've enjoyed the pleasures of Vietnamese cuisine, and you'll likely hear words of joyful praise in reply.... [READ MORE]
Teriyaki Sauce (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Lisa McKinney.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity