Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Baked Teriyaki Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Easy to make and delicious chicken teriyaki.
Easy gluten-free chicken teriyaki. Photo: CC--Isaac Wedin
03/02/2017 - Looking for a no hassle, easy to please dinner idea? This baked teriyaki chicken comes together in a snap, and cooks in under an hour.
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper.
Place on the stove top, and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Turn pieces over, and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until juices run clear when poked with a fork.
Top with sauce every 10 minutes while cooking.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Tempura Vegetables (Gluten-Free)
I never thought I would get to eat
tempura again, once I went gluten-free.... [READ MORE]
Teriyaki Sauce #2 (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Tiffany (“tarnalberry” in
the Gluten-Free Forum).... [READ MORE]
Teriyaki, Soy and Sweet and Sour Sauces (Gluten-Free)
recipes come to us from Jeanne Barkemeijer de Wit.... [READ MORE]
Teriyaki Sauce (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Lisa McKinney.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity